To create a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) on an Apple OSX Server please proceed as follows:
- Open the Server Admin and log on to the server.
- Select the option „Certificates“.
- Press the + button
- Fill in the information required for the certificate request.
- Common Name: The FQDN of the server that must resolve to this IP address.
- Organization: Company Name
- Organization Unit: Department
- City (Locality): City
- State/Province: Federal state
- Country code: ISO country code, two-digit and in capital letters (e.g. EN)
- Private Key Passphrase: Password for the private key
- Now save the information with a click on the „Save“ button.
- Open the menu and select „Generate Certificate Signing Request (CSR)“.
- When you drag the certificate icon from the window to your desktop, a certificate request file is stored.
Please copy the contents of the certificate request into the web form.